I don’t know where to start. It has only been two weeks into the Trump Presidency, and all hell is breaking loose. Not only in our country but around the world.
I can’t believe that he is the President of the United States of America. What happened? Are we in such a state of desperation that he was the best choice? Apparently, all that voted for him thought so.
Listening to DT before the election, I could see that he was not going to be a good option. He is all about himself. More, more, and more for him, him and him. You never read about any charities that he spearheaded or his family helping others in any way, shape or form. It was always about business scandals, bankruptcies, not paying contractors, lawsuits and more. Anyone that must have their name emblazoned on everything they own, reeks of an egomaniac; not someone that wants to help others, nevermind an entire nation.
I want to believe that those that voted for him were just not stupid and truly thought that, since he wasn’t a politician, that he could be the change that would actually help this country. I am having a very hard time with that assumption. I wonder if “voters remorse” is coming into the equation? So far, all of his election promises were lies, proven just by his choice of cabinet members. “Drain the swamp,” he proclaimed. Yeah, right. More of the same. Maybe DT was always a politician at heart.
The Blame Game
There is a lot of blame to go around.
- The DNC is responsible for crowning Hillary Clinton (not Bernie Sanders) as the Democratic nominee for President before the primaries even began to take place. The nation was obviously tired of the Clintons.
- The media is at fault for giving DT so much free airtime because he was entertaining and obnoxious and good for ratings.
- The GOP – they couldn’t find one single decent candidate for their party?
- The media again for not giving Bernie Sanders any airtime, until now. Bernie, the only caring adult in the room.
- The cowardly electoral college for voting “party over country.”
- Stupid, uneducated voter base.
- Citizens United – for another future post.
DT’s Actions To Date
- The wall, the fabulous wall – and the US taxpayers are going to pay for it
- Travel ban – Sorry, no arrivals from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen, including refugees. No warning to airlines or personnel, so mass confusion ensued.
- Let’s repeal Obamacare and replace it with….nothing. Leaving millions uninsured and insurance companies baffled.
- Insulting world leaders by phone, both allies, and adversaries. Good job!
- Removing “climate change” from the white house website.
- Trying to fast track the controversial pipelines.
- Continues to use Twitter like a bratty child.
- Instructed employees at various agencies (mainly those to do with the environment and science), to limit information released to the public through news releases, and official social media accounts. He wants to try to keep us in the dark.
- Fired Attorney General Sally Yates for disagreeing with his travel ban. Boo-hoo!
This is only the tip of the iceberg. We are going to have a rough four years if the past two weeks are any indication of what our future holds. God help America.